How to Backup website from cPanel files?
“Backups” option of cPanel is one of the most important parts of having a working website. It is crucial to backup your files on a regular basis or just before making any substantial changes so that a backup is available in the event of data loss or server breakdown.
This option helps to take backup of website and its associated formats.
Here are some steps shown below which helps to backup & restore files :
1) Open Web Browser then type in the address bar Type website link and press enter. In cPanel based hosting system the link should be www.domainname.com/cpanel or it can be as www.domainame.com:2082 or it can be 2083 in the case of SSL.
2) Enter your “Username and Password” then click on “Log In” button to continue.
3) In the Files section, click on the Backups icon.
4) This window helps to take partial backups option to download home directory and list of database which helps to download on selection. It also has options to restore home directory, MySQL and to restore email forwards & Filters.
5) i) Restore a Home Directory helps to restore a Home Directory backup from Downloaded file which is stored in any local computer.
ii) Restore a MySQL Database Backup helps to a restore collected which has been downloaded in MySQL Database Backup.
iii) Restore Email Forwarders helps to restore backup files which has been downloaded from partial Backups.
iv) Restore Email Filters helps to restore email filters which has been downloaded from local partial backups.
6) Click on “Download a Full Account Backup” to backup all files.