How to use FileZilla ?
FileZilla is a software which gives a free FTP solution. The FileZilla Client not only supports FTP, but also FTP over TLS (FTPS) and SFTP. It is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the (GNU) General Public License. Supports IPv6 which is the latest version of internet protocol. Supports resume which means the file transfer process can be paused and continued.Tabbed user interface for multitasking, to allow browsing more than one server or even transfer files simultaneously between multiple servers. Site Manager to manage server lists and transfer queue for ordering file transfer tasks. Bookmarks for easy access to most frequent use .Drag and drop to download and upload.
Remote file editing, for quickly edit file on server side on-the-fly. No need to download, edit on the computer and re-upload back to the server. Configurable transfer speed limits to limit the speed transferring the files, which helps reducing error of transferring. Available in 47 languages worldwide.
1. Click on “Internet Application” and type https://filezilla-project.org/ then click on Download “FileZilla Client”.
2. Click on “Download FileZilla Client”
3. Open Downloaded file and “Open” it.
4. Click on “Run”.
5. Click on “I Agree” button.
6. Click on “Next” button.
7. Click on “Next” Button too.
8. Again press on “Next” button.
9. Again click on “Next” too.
10. If you don’t want to install the avast antivirus then “uncheck” the box then click on “Next” too.
11. Press on “Finish” button.
12. Press on “OK” button.
13. Click on
i) Host : put the URL or IP address of hostname
ii) Username : Enter host username
iii) Password : Enter your password
iv) Port : 21 as FTP port number
14. Press on “Do not save passwords” then click on “OK”.
15. Press on “Always trust certificate in future sessions” then click “OK”.
16. FileZilla successfully connected to FTP Server. In left pane it shows local computer folder and in right side it shows remote folder. In cPanel based host the root directory is public_html.